Heart healthy recipes usually consist of low sodium and low fat foods, but it does not mean that they have to lack taste. Fettuccini Alfredo is known for being high in fat, but this recipe allows you to enjoy an all time favorite without the added fat and calories.
Shrimp Fettuccini Alfredo
Makes one serving
- 1 package tofu shirataki fettuccine shaped noodle substitute
- 1 tsp reduced fat sour cream
- 1 wedge spreadable light Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- 3 oz. frozen ready-to-eat medium shrimp, thawed
- 2 tsp reduced-fat parmesan-style grated topping
- Optional seasonings: salt, black pepper
Use a strainer to rinse and drain noodles. Thoroughly pat dry. Roughly cut noodles.
Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Add noodles, sour cream, and cheese wedge, breaking the wedge into pieces. Cook and stir until cheese has melted, mixed with sour cream, and coated noodles.
Stir in broccoli, shrimp, spinach and parmesan-style topping. Cook and stir until hot, 2 to 3 minutes. Enjoy!
Recipe Adapted from Hungry Girl, Lisa Lillien