Fleet Feet Sports, Syracuse and New Balance have partnered to bring a special Workplace FIT Grant Program to a Central New York employer. With a shared mission of helping employees in our community enjoy the opportunity to have a fitness outlet available through their employer, our two organizations have come together to help employers help themselves.
This grant program will cover the cost of the following programs for a chosen employer in Central New York:
- Clinic for all employees; which includes a gait analysis and recommendations for proper supportive equipment from our FIT experts.
- Lunch & Learn classes catered to your employee’s needs. Topics can range from Good Form Running, Stretching Properly, Nutrition Tips, etc.
- A ten week 5K Learn to Run program for ten of your employees beginning in September in our No Boundaries training program.
The chosen winner for the grant will receive all of these at no charge! This could be a great way for employers to kick start their employee fitness programs, or enhance their already existing one. As an employer, you won't want to miss out on this opportunity, valued at $1,500. As an employee, you won't want to miss out on the opportunity to meet your fitness goals, and help your colleagues meet theirs as well.
Rules, Regulations and Applying for the Grant
- Any employer, business, or business association (ie. Chamber of Commerce, designated national chapters, networking group, etc.) within Onondaga, Oswego, Cortland, Madison and Cayuga County can apply for the Workplace FIT Grant.
- Applications can be submitted starting July 16, 2019. The deadline for submissions will be August 12, 2019. No exceptions. All materials for the application must be submitted at the same time.
The application will consist of the following information:
- Business Name, number of employees, nature of the business, how long the business has been in operation.
- A brief description of your business wellness program as it currently stands. (ie. the types of programs, gyms/memberships, access to wellness professionals, etc.)
- A one page description of why your business is the best choice for the Workplace FIT Grant.
- Supporting documents such as a video, pictures, or employee testimonials can also be submitted.
- Applications will be reviewed by a group of select Fleet Feet Sports and New Balance professionals deemed the "Grant Committee".
Any additional questions? Ask away! You can submit your questions to the Corporate Fit office by emailing email@example.com.