Recipe: Seasonal Salsa
Source: One Green Planet
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 ½ cups fresh cranberries **If frozen, allow to thaw on countertop for about an hour; rinse well before using.
- 1 large apple (a sweet variety such as Gala or Fuji)
- ½ jalapeno pepper
- 1 shallot or ½ small onion
- Juice from 1 lime
- 3 Tbsp of sugar or coconut sugar
- Dice the apple, jalapeno, and shallot into ¼” pieces. Remove the seeds from the jalapeno before dicing for less heat.
- Add cranberries, apple, jalapeno, and shallot to a food processor. Pulse several times, so the ingredients are chopped, but not liquefied.
- Put the mixture in a small bowl and add lime juice and sugar. Stir well. Let the flavors meld for about 15 minutes before serving.
Serving Suggestion: Use leftover turkey from Christmas dinner and make turkey tacos. This salsa is the perfect finish to your turkey tacos or use as a dip for tortilla chips.